Going to try to do some organizing going forward.
I’ve been wasting too much time playing video games, and other non-productive things now and then the last few years. I have enjoyed that since it helped me stay away from getting too serious about things, and/or to lower stress from work and other places (or blow off steam from stressful situations at work – what better way to deal with stress at work than going in to a video game to blow things up, go hunting, etc.)
I’m starting to work on an excel database linking blog listings of various images I’ve uploaded here to locations of those images on the hard drive and where they’ve been uploaded online.
It’s a very time consuming project, but eventually, I’m going to try to use this project to help me do several things.
- It’s going to help me figure out what is worthy of being in a ‘real’ portfolio either online on it’s own website, and/or in a printed format.
- It will help me figure out where I need to put my next efforts going forward
- It will help me organize things, get rid of duplicates, etc.
- It will help me organize things in a way that I can group things that are related together better so that I can create ‘collections’ of items to group together to sell as packages on Turbosquid, etc., or to show off in categories in other locations, etc.
- It will help me organize keywords better and figure out what needs new ones, which ones to dump, etc.
- It will give me a chance to look at a lot of great stuff (and some not so great stuff) that I’ve created that I haven’t looked at in a while since it’s been hiding on a hard drive, hidden away from my two eyes
The surgery is scheduled for the week after Thanksgiving. I am going to have to have at least a couple of weeks of recovery time after that before I can get back in to working out too much. I do plan to get back in to that. My goal is to work on this database project, the blog, and possibly creating more artwork as I do that so that I’m developing a bit of a recovery in health as well as mental focus/art focus, etc. I have not been doing the artist’s way writings, and might not except now and then? I actually see this blog and posts like that as sort of doing that without doing that. I don’t want to make it so that the art focus takes away from the exercising focus going forward. However, I don’t want to balance it out the opposite way either and focus too much on working out and not enough on art – I think I may have done that when I was trying to do the two a days…
so… I might just go down to the one a day workouts when I get to where I’m doing the working out again.
I’m not sure if I’ll keep up the 1000 day tracker thing or blog about the exercise so much, but I might since it was helping me stay focused and on goal. I probably will sometimes list some groupings from the database project in the blog here from time to time. I tried something like this a year or three back, but never got too far with it. I think part of that was because I got too off track with various things, including but not limited to the video games, moving to where we are now, etc.
It is very time consuming and difficult to organize thousands of photos and sketches, etc. However, it’s something I think I need to do. Strangely, the video games have somewhat gotten me to realize that a little… Organizing the shop, booth, and apartments in Entropia Universe, and organizing the hundreds of blueprints and other items my avatar owns in there has helped me realize my real world life needs some organization… time to unclutter and CREATE FROM THE CHAOS.